TyreCheckers® – 2pk Light Vehicle LED Alert Caps
Tyrecheckers® LED Alert Caps are a highly visible and extremely accurate way of monitoring your tyre pressure and simply replace the dustcap on your tyre valve.
The LED Alert Caps allow you to monitor your tyre pressure by flashing red when the tyre pressure drops 4psi below the set pressure. This provides you a clear visual warning when your tyre pressure is below vehicle specifications and needs to be inflated.
Tyrecheckers® Alert Caps are suitable for all Light Vehicles with a tyre pressure between 10-70psi.
The LED Alert Caps are a cost effective way to monitor your tyre pressure.
For corporate truck fleet pricing please call Tyrecheckers on 1300 789 549
Anti-Theft device built in.
Suitable for any light vehicle with tyre pressure between 10-70psi including
How do Tyrecheckers® Light Vehicle LED Alert Caps Work?
The first time you put the Alert Cap onto the valve stem it takes a sample of the tyre pressure and saves it to a reference chamber. If the tyre pressure drops 4psi below the original pressure, the LED light will start flashing every 1.5 seconds until the tyre pressure returns to original pressure setting.
Tyre pressure is correct
Tyre pressure is low
How to Fit – Tyrecheckers® simply replace the dust cap on your tyre valve.
- Check tyre pressure & inflate to recommended vehicle pressure.
- Using your fingers begin to screw alert cap onto the valve stem thread.
- Put the hexagon key supplied over the top of the alert cap & continue to twist as tight as you can.
- Calibrate the alert cap by turning the top of the cap clockwise, approx 2 turns, with the forked end of the key.
- To verify proper installation, unscrew the cap with the hexagon key and it will flash red if fitted correctly.
- Screw the alert cap back on firmly with the hexagon key.
- Important A loose cap will cause a flat tyre.
- The alert cap will now monitor your tyre pressure 24/7. Remove the key and store it in a safe place.
- Important If the tyre pressure drops 4psi the LED light will flash red.
Light Vehicle LED Manual
fter fitting tyrecheckers to motorcycle wheels that have valve stems at 90 degrees to the rim i.e. horizontal or right angled valve stems, owners are advised to rotate each wheel SLOWLY a full 360 degrees to ensure adequate clearance exists between the top of the Tyrechecker and swingarms (frame of motorcycle) and brake calipers. This step is particularly important for owners of motorcycles with single-sided swingarms e.g. Triumph Sprint ST, Honda VFR800 and Harley Davidson Softail, Electra Glide & Road King Classic models. A clearance problem may be solved by fitting normal valve stems (vertical stems) or shorter than standard tyre valve stems when new tyres are fitted.